As summer approaches, all of us will become very aware of the hot temperatures that will settle into the Las Vegas valley. We will find the need to hydrate more often and stay indoors during the hottest part of the day. What about our pets? Here are 5 things to keep in mind to keep your furry friends safe and comfortable:
- Hydrate your pets with plenty of water: In addition to leaving water inside, be sure to put water outside as well so your pets can take a drink when accessing your yard or patio
- Don’t leave your pets outside for too long: Make sure that your pets have access to the indoors, especially during the hottest part of the day.
- Don’t leave your pet in your car: Leaving your pet in your car, even with the windows lowered, can still expose them to heat related illness. Temperatures inside the car can easily reach over 150 degrees on a hot summer day.
- Limit exercise of your pet until its cooler: Use the cooler mornings and evenings to let your pet run in the park. Exercising during the hot part of the day, with the scorching sun, can lead to heat exhaustion.
- Visit a veterinarian if your pet displays heat related illness: If after being outdoors and in the heat, your pet displays different than normal behavior or becomes lethargic, be sure to visit a vet quickly.
So, be safe this summer. And keep your pets out of harms way as well.
For other helpful tips, visit our BLOG on our website at https://www.nicklinpm.com/property-management-real-estate-blog/
Contributed by Nicklin Property Management – For professional property management, call us at 702-903-HOME.